Looking to Volunteer?
Note that volunteering is not just a free ticket to the conference. You will be expected to provide services for GrrCON staff, attendees, and speakers. You may have to work long hours during the conference dates.
In exchange you will get access to the carnage of GrrCON like no others. You will get the satisfaction of giving back to the community and being a part of the machine that is GrrCON. This is not for the faint of heart.
Please cut and paste the text below and provide all the required information into the body of an email.
Send this to: Volunteer@GrrCON.com
Are you interesting in volunteering for Operations, Security, or either?
Are you a student? If so, where?
Are you employed in the Security or IT industry? If so, where?
Are you able to work September 27-29, 6am-7pm?
Did you attend previous GrrCON’s?
Have you volunteered previously? If so when?
Why should we pick you? Please provide any skills you feel would be valuable.
Agreement to Terms of Volunteering
If I am selected to volunteer, I understand that I:
1. Will be expected to be onsite and available during assigned hours.
2. Will be expected to perform assigned task to the best of my ability.
3. May miss significant portions of presentations depending on volunteer assignment.
4. Am expected to be courteous and helpful to attendees, sponsors, and speakers.
5. Will be responsible for my own expenses (including travel).
6. Will be given a GrrCON staff badge.
7. Will have access to any amenities offered to GrrCON staff.
8. Am volunteering and will receive no compensation.
9. Am subject to dismissal at anytime due to poor performance and any such dismissal will result in revocation of my GrrCON badge.
10. May be assigned different assignments throughout the conference as need dictates.
I, (insert your name here), have read the above and understand and agree to the terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Volunteering.